The Centre approves housing systems and provides information and advice to interested parties on the proper and legally compliant housing of ruminants and pigs. It also carries out research projects involving these species.
The Centre for Proper Housing of Ruminants and Pigs at Agroscope in Tänikon is an external FSVO site assigned to the Animal Health and Welfare division. It deals with the following tasks:
- Testing and approving mass-produced installations and housing systems for ruminants and pigs
- Conducting research projects on animal welfare issues in the keeping of ruminants and pigs as a basis for the assessment of housing systems in connection with animal welfare legislation (see also under Research)
- Supporting the cantonal authorities in enforcing animal welfare legislation for ruminants and pigs
- Providing information and advice on the proper and legally compliant keeping of ruminants and pigs
- Maintaining contacts with foreign authorities and research institutions
Last modification 02.08.2023